Saturday, April 28, 2007

Beauty in the Breakdown

My office is empty.

My drawers are empty.

My files are empty.

My chair is gone.

My desk is clean.

I'm done.

That last one is true on so many levels.

Today was (kind of) my last day. Technically, my last day is Monday, but I'm done with work, and I'm having my wisdom teeth pulled that afternoon. That is, at least after I have my "I get to tell off my boss" meeting with the CEO. I'm really looking forward to that.

I'm so over that place. I have never felt so relieved and so happy to be ending something before. I am free. And I am walking away with a wealth of knowledge about how - and more importantly, how NOT - to run an organization.

I think that was worth putting up with crap for a year. At least I hope it was. I suppose only time will tell.

Off to the next chapter...

No comments: