Sunday, June 1, 2008

Life is Good

Last weekend, Brian and I flew out to California for a badly needed mini-vacation. We stayed in Huntington Beach and spent the day laying on the beach, walking on the pier, and watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean.

It was a perfect day. Exactly what we needed.

I love the beach. I could absolutely spend every day laying on the beach, completely forgetting that there is a world out there beyond the California coastline.

It doesn't get much better than this...










After our fabulous relaxing and refreshing day, we walked back to our hotel and waited for my mom to arrive with my little sister. She had no idea we were coming to visit and started crying when she saw us, at which point I, of course, started crying. I miss her like crazy, and I hate that I don't get to spend more time with her. She's 12 already and is growing up way too fast.

We all went to Disneyland the next day and had an absolute blast. Disneyland has become a home away from home to us. Brian and I spent most of our dating years going there for weekends and spontaneous date nights when he was living in LA. It really is one of the happiest places on earth to us. The weather was a little chilly, which wasn't helped much by the fact that we (stupidly) decided to ride Splash Mountain at 11AM and proceeded to get soaking wet. But we eventually dried off and had so much fun.


I love California. I've realized I also really miss California. Our favorite ride is Soarin' Over California (also here), and I got a little choked up watching all the breathtaking beauty of my home unfold before me. I miss it. The mountains, the coast, the orchards. As much as I love living in Washington and what I do, California will always be home, and I'm sure we'll end up back there eventually. I think I'm destined to be bi-coastal forever.

No comments: