Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Update On My Life

(adapted from my latest bulletin)

Hey everyone.

So I know it's been forever since I updated anyone on anything about my life. Let's just say that there has been so much going on that I haven't even had a chance to process anything that's happened yet. I'll probably write another blog with all the details soon, but I'm still in the middle of the craziness so this is all I have time for. It'll have to do for now. If you really want to know, just ask.

Cliffs Notes Version of the past 2 months:

Drove cross-country
Started a new job
Work for a non-profit in a victorian mansion in downtown (very cool)
Completely in love with downtown Fresno
Going to help bring it back to life
Sold our house back in DC
Didn't want to
Sold all our furniture with the house
Really didn't want to
Got screwed by our realtor big time
Brian flew back to DC and packed everything
Brian drove a U-Haul truck cross-country in 4 DAYS!!
Moved into an apt in Clovis
Get to drive my jetta again
Gave up my Virginia license plates
Got cute personalized CA plates (NTHEPNK = in the pink!)
Ate at Dog House... oh the joy
Amused at the excitement over Pottery Barn
Bitter that there is no Crate & Barrel
Shocked that Ann Taylor is only open til 6pm (ridiculous!)
ECSTATIC that there is a Z GALLERIE!!!
Bummed that there is only 1 Chipotle
Haven't found a church yet
Miss my pastor in DC
Missing my choir
Missing Le Madeleine, La Tasca, Indique, Fogo de Chao, Tortilla Coast, Potbelly Sandwiches and Ghana Cafe
Missing the Metro
Missing my Thai food
Missing my city
Love the view from our apartment
LOVE the dry heat in Fresno
Love buying fruit for half the price I used to and it being twice as good
Went Salsa dancing twice (thanks Pat!)
Get to see my brother and sister more
Realized most of my friends have new friends now... 2 years will do that
Writing a 60-page grant that's due next week
Feeling completely overwhelmed
Celebrated Fathers Day by working over the weekend
Flew to DC last week for work
Drove by our old house and got really sad
Didn't want to leave again

My insane life in a nutshell...

No comments: